American Political System
The American political system is far beyond the need for reform. It has come to the point that it needs a complete overhaul. This paper describes some major changes we need to make. Of them all, voting advice systems are arguably the most important, for the simple reason that removing money from the political equation eliminates the major impediment to change, and makes progress possible.
Other than voting advice networks, each point of this plan covered by other organizations. Those points are summarized here in order to show how they fit into the overall picture, explain why they're necessary, and provide references for additional information.
- The Need for Radical Overhaul
- Separation of Corporation and State
- Instant Runoff Voting or Approval Voting
- Proportional Representation
- Elimination of Gerrymandering
- Elimination of Earmarks
- Establish Voting-Advice Systems